All personal information you supply to us will be treated in accordance with Data Protection Act. The nature of this site means that we will obtain, use and disclose (together “Use”) certain information about you (“Data”). This statement sets out the principles governing our Use of Data on this Site. By using the Site you agree to this Use.
When ordering goods or requesting information you will be asked to provide to provide certain Data such as your contact details and other information. We will store this Data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of our products and services as well as for the normal use and improvement of our Site.
We may also use the Data in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles
To enable us to monitor and improve our Site, it gathers certain aggregated information about you when you use it, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the URL you come from and got to and the parts of the Site you visit.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect any personal Data but cannot guarantee the security of any Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of being online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
- This Policy (and the terms of any Agreement for IT Concierge Services that you have entered into with Dataquest (UK) Limited (“Dataquest“)) explains how Dataquest will process any personal information that we collect from you, or that you give to us.
- For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) (the “Data Protection Legislation“), the data controller is Dataquest (UK) Limited of 87a Worship Street, London, EC2A 2BE.
2. Protection of your information
- We maintain physical and electronic safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure the confidentiality of your information, including personal information from unauthorised access and use, alteration and destruction.
3. Collection of information
- The types of personal information we collect from you in relation to (i) your use of the Website, (ii) your use of our services, and (iii) the administration of your account include:
- your name, email address, company name, mailing address, telephone number(s), username and password; and
- details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, IP address, URL information and Website usage visited.
- The personal information referred to in paragraph 3.1 above is collected in two primary ways:
- personal information that you give to us; and
- personal information that we collect automatically.
- In addition to the personal information, we may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Services, such as the IP address of your device, the type of operating system and browser you use, information about the site you came from and your usage of our Services. Dataquest receives and records such information (which is not personal data) from your browser in the Website server logs. Whenever you request a page through your browser, this information may be stored in a log file. To the extent that any such information is combined with personal data, we will treat a combined set of information as personal data. We may associate usage information and other information we collect online with personal information to further improve our Services, as permitted or required by law.
4. Use of information
- We may use the information we collect from you to allow us to further evaluate, improve and promote our business; and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual clients) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
- In particular, we will use the collected information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to maintain our own accounts and records;
- to support and manage our employees; and
- for the trading and sharing of personal information, where we have obtained your consent to trade or share your personal information,
- as our use of your information for these purposes will be necessary for our legitimate interests.
5. Sharing of personal information with third parties as required or permitted by law
- We may share information with regulatory and law enforcement authorities if necessary to comply with legal requirements.
- We may share information with third parties if needed to protect against fraud.
- We may enter into agreements with external parties, including but not limited to business partners, analytics and search engine providers to provide services necessary for our activity. Under these agreements, we may share your information with these external parties, to the extent that use of your information for these purposes is necessary for our legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of those external parties.
6. Storage of personal information
- The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, our affiliates, or for one of our clients or partners.
- We utilise standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law, and obtain your consent to legitimise data transfers from the EEA to destinations outside the EEA. Dataquest will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Data Security
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by anyone, including our staff.
- We will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
8. Your rights
- You can contact us if you believe the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are not entitled to use your personal information in accordance with this Policy, if you would like to us to erase personal information that we hold about you or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used, or about this Policy. Please email or write to us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information if it is being used because we deem it necessary for our legitimate interests. If you notify us that you object, using the contact details at the end of this Policy, we will respond within thirty (30) calendar days (subject to any extensions to which we are lawfully entitled). If your objection relates to us processing your personal information because we deem it necessary for your legitimate interests, we must act on your objection by ceasing the activity in question unless:
- we think that we have a compelling legitimate ground for processing which overrides your interests; or
- we are processing your information for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
9. access to information
- The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to review personal information that we keep about you. You can request an overview of the personal information that we keep about you by emailing or writing to us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by the Data Protection Legislation.
10. Retention of personal information
- We will hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
11. Other provisions
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Policy at any time by posting such changes here. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Policy. We may in addition email you to tell you about any such changes.
- You can access and amend your information in the “My Account” section of our Website.
- If you have any questions or specific requests, please contact: [email protected].